Pages

Monday, February 25, 2013

Baby Shower in Atlanta


My sisters, Sabrina & Sheryl, and my best friend from middle school, Bailey threw our first baby shower in Atlanta. It was a beautiful shower with lots of little extras from the personalized decorations to the delicious cake made by my sis, Sheryl. 

                                      


The cake is a cake that I have always wanted at my baby shower so Sheryl has waited to make this cake for my baby shower. I love the silhouette of the pregnant belly... she did such a great job!


It was so wonderful seeing everyone and sharing this special time with everyone. It was great to be able to spend some time with Bailey... as a child, you talk with your friends about being pregnant at the same time and the plans you have for your future but you rarely get to see them happen... it really happened for us. I can't wait to meet Baby Rourk #2 and make memories with our children. 
My mom and sisters made this beautiful diaper cake with lots of necessities. What a cute centerpiece! 


I cannot believe the how many gifts we were given. Everyone was so generous. I was especially excited about the strollers and carseat that we were given. The turquoise stroller is a jogging stroller that will work great at the beach with its big tires! We were also given the stroller that is a frame for the carseat so while Madi is small, she can be wheeled around in her carseat on top of the frame. When we go for walks, we will use the jogging stroller. 





We received so many cute outfits and other necessities. My car was so full driving back to Savannah that I even had the passenger seat and floorboard full of stuff. It took some magic but we made it all fit... thanks to Mom, Dad (Jim), Aunt Linda, and Aunt Sally. 

We are truly blessed to have such wonderful family and friends! Thank you all so much for everything!



No comments:

Post a Comment