Pages

Thursday, March 28, 2013

Where does the time go...

I know that I am way overdue on posting. So much has happened that I need to post about so I will begin with my the oldest events and bring you up to speed on the current events. 

First,  the last weekend of February, our wonderful friends and neighbors, Robert & Kathyrn Belville threw us a neighborhood shower where we had a great turn out of wonderful friends and neighbors to celebrate the upcoming birth of our baby girl. We were overwhelmed by the outpouring of gifts and support from our wonderful neighbors. We are so lucky to live in a neighborhood where we are truly one big family! 







My work family also threw a baby shower for Baby Madi in early March. It was a Thursday afternoon after work and was so wonderful to have the support from the people that you work with daily. I am blessed to work in a position that I love with people that I love.







That Saturday, my wonderful friends, Cici, Brittney, and Rhonda threw us yet another beautiful shower. We didn't need much by this point, however anything that was missing was found at that shower. I don't have a lot of pictures from that shower yet but will post them once I do get them. I have one of the hostesses and myself. What a wonderful group of friends!


This is a picture of our "swing"... its called the Mama Roo and it looks so neat. I can't wait to put Baby Madi in it. I just know she will love it! Thanks Patti for this wonderful gift!



My mom, my sister Sheryl, and my niece Peyton came in town for the shower on Friday and helped me get the nursery organized, and get all of Madi's clothes washed, folded and put away. I couldn't have done it without them! They were such a big help! 

After the shower Satrday afternoon, we went back to my house to finish the nursery. Cici was my designer... I do not have an eye for decorating so my best friend Cici took charge! I told her what I wanted as far as colors and things like that and let her go. I am so happy that I did because it turned out beautifully! Her mother, Toni, made the window treatments, the pillow for the glider, a runner for the dresser, and a french picture board. They both are extremely talented in decorating and Toni is especially talented in sewing! I am so lucky that they were wiling to help! There are still a few things that are not hung yet but that will be taken care of this weekend!! My dad, Jim, made a beautiful shadow box to hang on Madi's wall that will hold her dress, bonnet, and booties that she will be wearing home from the hospital. I absolutely love the nursery and know that Madi will love it too!




The lighting in the pictures isn't great so some look like the nursery is much pinker than it is. The walls are a very pale pink with some darker pink accents from the window treatments, lamp shade, etc. Cici had a beautiful sign made that will go over her crib that should be here this weekend. It is painted to look like barn wood with the peeling off paint look and then her monogram is on that. It is beautiful and really gives the nursery a vintage feel among its modern look. I absolutely love it and can't thank Cici and Toni enough.



No comments:

Post a Comment