Pages

Thursday, March 28, 2013

Baby Madi is making her debut a little early...


My pregnancy has been so wonderful and easy. I am truly blessed to be able to say that. Madi has been measuring on track throughout the pregnancy and there had been no complications until week 34. I went in for my check up and they said that I was measuring a little over a week behind where I should be so they wanted to do an ultrasound to check my fluid levels, Madi's size, etc just to be certain that she was doing ok. My fluid was a little low. It was a 10 that day which is still within the normal range but at the very bottom of it. The doctor told me to drink plenty of water and lay on my left side as often as I could to help with the fluid levels. I did that for the next two weeks and at my next appointment, she was measuring two weeks smaller than she should have been. They said it was fine but didn't check my fluid levels. I began my every week visits the following week and she was still measuring two weeks small so I asked if we needed to check my fluids again just to be sure and the nurse practitioner wanted to go ahead and check. At this point, the levels dropped to 7.4. This was last Thursday so they told me to go home over the weekend and hydrate then come back Monday morning to check again. On Monday, my levels were still 7.4. I met with my doctor and he said that if the level dropped below a 7 at this point, he would look at inducing. He told me that I would have to come in every Monday and Thursday until I deliver to be checked so that they could monitor the fluids closely. Well, here it is Thursday. I went to my appointment this morning to be checked and my levels had dropped again to a 4.6. They told me that it was too low to let me go home so I had to be put in a wheel chair and wheeled to the labor and delivery area of the hospital where I am now preparing for the arrival of our sweet baby girl a little bit early. 

I will be given medication this afternoon to help begin to dilate my cervix and then another medication tomorrow morning at 4:00am to begin contractions. Our little Madison Mae should be here by tomorrow and we couldn't be happier! I will post pictures as soon as I can. 

No comments:

Post a Comment